Business Safety assists organisations across Ireland in becoming certified to ISO 45001. Call us on 01 556 3310 or 021 235 5800 to speak to us about getting certified. Alternatively, use our contact form on the right to have us call you to discuss how to go about getting certified.
Immediate and ongoing benefits of ISO 45001 certification include:
- Reduced number of accidents
- Fewer insurance claims
- Less downtime
- Improved staff morale
- Increased compliance with legal requirements
Business Safety will help bring these ISO 45001 benefits to you.
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 was published in March 2018 and replaces OHSAS 18001 as the internationally-recognised occupational, health, and safety management system standard, based on structures similar to those seen in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. It is open to any business, regardless of its size or the nature of its work, and can incorporate other health and safety programmes such as worker wellness and well-being.
ISO 45001 can also be integrated with other management systems such as Quality Managment Systems and environmental management.
[separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”-65″ bottom_margin=”0″]
To implement and achieve certification to the ISO 45001 standard, a company must have a compliant Health and Safety management system, and demonstrate that it is a safety-conscious organisation which meets the requirement of that standard.
Consider the Pyramid model:
Your safety policy and objectives are the top-level documents from which all other elements stem. Procedures provide detail around how a process is to be implemented or followed, while comprehensive record keeping is the basis on which auditors can have confidence that your system is operational, effective, and meets requirements of the standard.
Our process for achieving ISO 45001
- Establish the scope of the system with the client
- Develop necessary documentation, including:
- Process flowcharts
- Safety Policy
- Risk assessments
- Safety management procedures
- Workplace safety procedures
- Roles and responsibilities
- Objectives, targets, management plan, etc.
- Provide assistance with roll-out of the plan
- Conduct pre-certification audits
- Provide ongoing support
ISO 45001 and the law
Today, Health and Safety is an essential part of running a successful organisation. Employers must comply with Health and Safety legislation or they can suffer penalties of up to €3,000,000 and/or two years in prison.
The law requires employers to have safe systems of work. While there are various ways of achieving this, we advise our clients that having an ISO 45001 system assists greatly with compliance in this regard.
It provides structure to the management of your health and safety needs, covering such areas as policy setting, planning for health and safety, implementing controls at all levels, checking compliance and conformity, and continually improving health and safety standards and performance.
Why choose us to help you achieve ISO 45001?
- We have been helping companies of all sizes and from all sectors, all across Ireland, to achieve OHSAS 18001 certification since 2009 and are now assisting multiple organisations in obtaining certification to ISO 45001.
- Business Safety founder Emlyn Ó Troighthigh is himself an IRCA-qualified (International Register of Certified Auditors) lead auditor, and so can advise as to exactly what your external auditor will require.
- Lasting relationships established with all previous clients, so results guaranteed.
- Covering: All locations.
- Sectors: All organisations in all sectors.