Safety Representative Training
Our Safety Representative Training course provides a solid foundation for those who wish to take up this position as well as persons seeking to broaden their understanding of health and safety generally. The Safety Representative plays an important role in any organisation’s health and safety programme. The role of the Safety Representative is set out under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and is aimed at providing employees with a point of contact who can make representations to the employer on their behalf.
This Safety Representative Training course aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to become an effective and efficient safety representative.
On successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the Safety Representatives.
- Assist employers with understanding their duties under the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005, the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 and other applicable legislation.
- Assist in the establishment of emergency plans.
- Identify the contents of a Safety Statement.
- Explain hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Undertake simple health and safety inspections.
- Explain the function and correct use of common types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Who Should Attend
Our Safety Representative Training courses are aimed at:
- Safety Representatives
- Others who wish to find out more about the role of the Safety Representative
Our Safety Representative Training courses are suitable for persons with some or no previous experience or knowledge in this area.
- Safety Legislation
- Role of the Safety Representative
- Safety Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Accident Prevention Techniques
- Safety Auditing
- Risk Assessment Principles
- How Incidents / Accidents Occur
- Fire Safety Management
- Manual Handling Risks
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Toolbox Talks
- Occupational Health
- Accident / Incident Investigation
There is a maximum of 14 persons allowed on this course.
Upon successfully completing this course, participants are issued with a FETAC certificate.
For a free quote, call us on 0818 333 212, email us or use the quick enquiry form above.
Covering: Waterford, Cork, Dublin, Tipperary, Carlow, Kildare, Limerick and Meath.